REPORTS TO: Director of Digital Marketing Strategies
The UX Designer is responsible for creating customer focused designs to improve the online user experience. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience in a UX role focused on strong customer research (primary/secondary), wireframes and prototyping along with a portfolio showcasing individual contributions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, and Sketch or Axure.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interface, and web standards
- Proven understanding of user experience, web best practices, ADA compliance, and browser compatibility issues.
- Ability to implement website concepts within parameters established within content management systems.
- Designs user experience and interactions for web properties, email communications and landing pages.
- Creates wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction, design ideas, and UX deliverables.
- Creates, maintains, and shares project documentation and UX guidelines.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Ability to adapt to and manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
Accuracy – Consistently ensures correct spelling, grammar and punctuation in all communications and accuracy in numbers for budgets and reports.
Initiative – Proactively works to anticipate agency, client and team members’ needs to effectively plan, produce, and measure digital campaigns.
Dependability – Responds to management direction and requests; Is accountable to deadlines.
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in the decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Reasoning Ability: Possesses the ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and possess a comprehensive understanding of digital technologies.
Certificates and Licenses: TBD
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in web/interaction design, computer/human interface, information design, computer science, graphic design or related field
Five years mandatory working experience in
- Digital marketing
- Website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
Preferred experience in:
- Optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- A/B and multivariate experiments
- Website analytics tools
- Ad serving tools
Technical Skills: Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in user experience research and design.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standard of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their management.
Interested candidates should send a resume, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include a short description of why you feel like you might be the ideal candidate for this position. Applications submitted without the above qualifications and the requested information will not be considered.