ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND BILLING SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: Agency Financial Controller
The Lee Group is looking for an experienced billing and AP specialist who is a quick learner, highly focused individual with a passion for accuracy and enjoys the autonomy of working independently and remotely.
Sound good so far? Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include a short description of why you feel like you might be the ideal candidate for this position. Applications submitted without the above qualifications and the requested information will not be considered.
The Accounts Payable and Billing Specialist will be a permanent, part-time position in a full-service advertising agency. The schedule will require them to work four (4) one-half followed by four (4) full days in succession during the last part of each month.
The Accounts Payable and Billing Specialist will work closely with and under the supervision of the Agency Financial Controller and will also work closely with the Account Service team throughout the billing process to ensure a complete understanding of and adherence to each client’s billing requirements.
This important individual will ensure that the billing process for the agency runs smoothly and on time to achieve the agency’s pre-determined monthly billing schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data entry of production and media vendor invoices
- Preparation of reports for Account Directors to use in establishing client billing instructions
- Make appropriate adjustments to WIP transactions
- Analyze electronic job tickets for accuracy in billed/unbilled charges
- Prepare client billing specific to each client
- Fulfill additional tasks, as assigned, if time permits.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Basic Accounting skills
- Texas Sales Taxes, especially with relation to Advertising Agencies
- Job Cost Accounting
- Accounting software experience
- Working with numerous profit centers or billing for various departments a plus
- Knowledge of all programs within the Microsoft office suite
- Knowledge of a pdf program, such as Adobe Acrobat or Phantom Foxit Pdf
- Proficiency in Clients and Profits software is a major plus
- A minimum of a two-year Associates degree in Accounting
- A minimum of two to three years’ experience in AP and Billing
- Knowledge of the Advertising agency business is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and possess a comprehensive understanding of the agency’s billing software and practices.
HOURLY PAY: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org..